151: Helping Spouses Cope With Expat Life – Linda Mueller
Today’s guest on the Expat Money Show is Linda Mueller, a coach for expat partners who have given up their own careers in their home countries to help support their spouses abroad. Her company is called The Expat Partner Coach and she offers a program called Adapt & Succeed Abroad that addresses the key issues faced by expat spouses from planning a move to adapting quickly and creating connections.
She has been featured in HuffPost, Women’s Health, MSN, and Thrive Global.
HERE’S WHAT WE DISCUSSED IN DETAIL IN THIS INTERVIEW:
- Linda and Mikkel discuss what it’s REALLY like being a spouse living overseas.
- Top tips and tricks to understanding if your spouse is saying ‘yes’ to the opportunity for them or not.
- Best bit of advice you can get from an experienced spouse & expat that has moved to more countries than you have probably moved homes!
- Why it’s so important to help your spouse to communicate & understand what lays ahead of them.
- Best advice from a veteran expat of 13 years, who has made 7 international moves
- Is reverse culture shock (coming back to the USA), real?
- Linda shares what the move to Japan was like, not once but twice? What did she go through? Was she scared? Was it a massive shift?
RELATED PODCAST EPISODES
144: How To Raise Your Children To Be Multilingual – Sara Tarvin
138: Digital Nomad Life In Asia – Dean Kuchel
115: The Solution To Educating Your Children Abroad – Michael Strong
HOW TO REACH
Instagram and Fb @ The Expat Partner Coach
I had such an interesting conversation with Linda about living overseas with a spouse who has taken on a new job in different countries, 7 times. They were lucky enough to live in Japan twice and also one of my favourite places, Abu Dhabi UAE.
Life can be daunting for a spouse that has their own career and is then asked by their spouse to give it up. Linda really understands what it takes to make the move and still keep her family together. If you’re thinking about moving, you’ll love this episode.
Leave a Comment