Today’s guest on the Expat Money Show is Chris Penn from Off Grid Skoolie. He has been living and travelling in vehicles for over 10 years now. His journey started in a self converted camper van and today he currently lives full time in a 2002 Blue Bird Skoolie. After spending 3 years in a Class A motorhome, he knew something had to change.
HERE’S WHAT WE DISCUSSED IN DETAIL IN THIS INTERVIEW:
- Listen in while Chris talks about the extensive renovations required after buying his 2002 Blue Bird Skoolie.
- What happens when you realize that you want something bigger and better…
- What life is really like living in a BlueBird Skoolie and travelling through Alaska, Canada and the entire USA for more than 10 years?
- Mikkel and Chris talk shop…1700w of solar, 900ah of lithium battery storage, 26quft. Of cold food storage and 200 gallons of fresh water capacity. Now that’s the way to travel!
- What does life look like after the culmination of lessons learned from hundreds of thousands of miles travelling in many different kinds of vehicles?
- Off-grid life and what features are important when you spend several months on the road.
- Favourite quote of the day: Don’t talk about it, be about it
- Life can be absolutely amazing doing something that makes you happy, and driving coast to coast in a Skoolie is what does it for Chris. But what about money? Chris talks about earning a living, a good living.
- Chris and Mikkel share travel stories, what living on the road can teach someone and is being a digital nomad and seeing the world really in your blood.
RELATED PODCAST EPISODES
HOW TO REACH CHRIS PENN
What a great life Chris lives. Travelling at his leisure, teaching people how to create a life like his, and working on projects that he loves to make a great income for himself and his dog!
I’ve always talked about renting an RV and travelling through Europe or North America, sounds better every day!