Today’s guest on the Expat Money Show is Chase Warrington, an American expat currently living in Spain with his wife, Allison and their dog, Koda. (and I am told, Yes, Koda has a passport too). He’s the Head of Remote at Doist, a leading remote-first company, and a contributor for some of the top remote-work outlets, such as Remote-how, repeople, Future of Work, and others.
After calling half a dozen countries “home”, Chase is passionate about making location independence the new norm and helping others step into a life beyond borders.
HERE’S WHAT WE DISCUSSED IN DETAIL IN THIS INTERVIEW:
- Advice to the would-be digital nomad. What 2022 will look like?
- Do you wonder who is suited for being a digital nomad?
- Absolute best 3 tips for remote workers to get hired immediately!
- Swap stories of world travelling, what made them pack up everything and move to a new country, what drove them to see new lands, meet new people.
- Are your parents and friends still bugging you to settle down, have kids, white picket fence? Listen in to hear how Chase deals with it.
- Or about ‘being lucky’!! When people say, you’re lucky to get to travel and see new places and eat new food and make new friends…I wish I could do that! Does that make you mad?
- Chase talks about the sacrifices he made early on… loss of perks, low pay just to be location independent, and how now, those same things aren’t perks, people are demanding them.
- Imagine this; surrounded by 3 oceans, the Pyrenees mountains, sunshine, amazing food and about 25% English speakers…heaven! Chase tells us where this is and how you can live there too!
PODCAST EPISODES YOU WILL ENJOY
HOW TO REACH CHASE WARRINGTON
Fun conversation with Chase. I love swapping stories with fellow world travellers. Life is different today than when I started travelling 21 years ago. I backpacked, slept on people’s couches, learned the local language because it just made sense. Now, everything is online and digital. What an amazing world we live in!