005: Growing A Business With Influencers – Tom Augenthaler
Tom Augenthaler became a pioneer in the field of influence marketing and influencer contracts by joining one of the world’s first firms to specialize in the niche.
He has worked with Fortune 500 brands as well as small and medium businesses on hundreds of campaigns to raise brand awareness, displace competitors and market products and services.
Tom Augenthaler has worked with thousands of influencers and conceived, organized and executed multi-million dollar campaigns and programs – in some cases increasing product sales by millions of dollars.
Visit Tom at TheInfluenceMarketer.com
Or on his private Facebook group at Influencer Marketing (for Badasses)
In This Episode We Discuss:
- Employee Amplification
- Influencer Contracts
- A Brain Trust
- Judicious Course Taking
Influencers We Discuss:
Books We Discuss:
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich Hardcover by Timothy Ferriss
- Expert Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Finding Your Message, Building a Tribe, and Changing the World by Russell Brunson
- DotCom Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online by Russell Brunson
- Find Your Why: A Practical Guide for Discovering Purpose for You and Your Team by Simon Sinek
- The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph by Ryan Holiday
- The Daily Stoic: 366 Meditations on Wisdom, Perseverance, and the Art of Living by Ryan Holiday
- Ego Is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday
EP 018: Trish Leto – Why You Need To Use Facebook Live Videos To Grow Your Business Today, Even If You Are Shy
Courses We Discuss:
Since recording this episode Tom Augenthaler has become a personal friend of mine and has advised me exactly what I should and should not be doing in regards to my influencer contracts.
I believe that working with influencers is another strategy that all businesses should be looking towards, it’s important to not count on only one stream of traffic to your business and influencer marketing is another way you can add to your pipeline, but as mentioned make sure your influencer contracts are clearly laid out so both parties are protected and is clear what is to be expected.
Toms a great guy.
I follow a lot of these influencers and I’d rank Tom up among them all with his knowledge & expertise on Entrepreneurship and Marketing.
Over the weekend I listened to Mikkel’s interview with Tom Augenthaler regarding influencer marketing. I’m glad I listened to the interview as it gave me a deeper understanding of how influencer marketing should be an area that I should spend more time thinking about. While I have to admit, I originally thought that influencer marketing was just used by large organizations, I can now see how it can be applied for use in SME, and even in my own consulting business.. Great interview Mikkel, especially how you did a deeper dive into the subject so it can be applied to all size businesses!
You have done so much in such a small article. It is quite impressive. The blog urges us to reflect on important things. Thanks!