Today’s guest on the Expat Money Show is Gabriel Custodiet, a privacy consultant and privacy advocate. He is the author of The Watchman Guide to Privacy, a holistic overview of how and why to be private. He also hosts The Watchman Privacy Podcast, which explores timely events and practical tips regarding privacy, but also radical and rarely discussed ideas, from torrenting and living on the ocean to understanding how rental culture and psychopaths threaten humanity.
HERE’S WHAT WE DISCUSSED IN DETAIL IN THIS INTERVIEW:
- The differences between a good email server (which you’re likely not using) and a crappy email server (which you are probably using) and how to use a funnel to your real email address.
- Need advice about Facebook for privacy reasons? Gabriel knocks it out of the park with concepts that will keep you on FB but keep your privacy under control!
- Just wrap your head around this ~ There are 6 trillion dollars of cybercrime every year. If you don’t want to be a part of that, this episode could be the most important thing you do this year!
- Learn how can you use technology and not get sucked into it and not give away too much of your data!
- Have you been in an airport lately? Did you know that the government can hijack your phone and there’s nothing you can do about it! Gabriel walks us through a simple process to guarantee that you are totally protected if this happens to you without your consent.
- Wondering if you have the right tools in the toolbox for different applications and different needs…Gabriel lets you in on his biggest secrets!
- How about privacy coins like Monero? Are they worthwhile… are they another tool in the tool chest for freedom and privacy? Or should you stay clear of them?
- How do you get cryptocurrency without giving up your freedom? Step-by-step instructions on what you can do to maximize your life when it comes to living a secure life.
- Let’s talk about the physical side of privacy and freedom. Tips in that arena to have more freedom in your life. Tried and true methods.
- The best 5 things out of the 100 discussed that are fast action things that can make a real difference in your life today.
PODCAST EPISODES YOU WILL ENJOY
HOW TO REACH GABRIEL CUSTODIET
QUOTES OF THE DAY
‘The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step’
Dark Knight Rises: nobody knew me until I put on the mask
Over the past several years I have really spent a lot of time understanding and implementing changes in my business and in my life when it comes to privacy and freedom. If you are new to this or even a well-seasoned privacy geek, you will get a ton of information from this episode.
Gabriel has been living a privacy lifestyle for many years and figuring things out from research and sheer experimentation. An omnivorous reader and student of global systems, cybersecurity, self-defence, and the philosophy that underpins it all, Gabriel strives to show people the value and techniques of privacy, yes, but more importantly the value of what it is protecting.