128: Travelling To Every Country In The World – Salvatore Lavallo
Today’s guest on The Expat Money Show is Sal Lavallo, one of the youngest people to have visited all 193 countries in the world. He has worked with brands such as Marriott, E*Dreams, G Adventures and more, and has been featured in CNN, Business Insider, CNBC, and Conde Nast Traveler on this 12-minute YouTube video where he talks about every country he has visited.
I’m so excited to chat about where he’s been and what awaits him for the future of travel after being to every country by the time he was only 27 years old.
HERE’S WHAT WE DISCUSSED IN DETAIL IN THIS INTERVIEW:
- How did Sal decide that he wanted to visit every country in the world
- Growing up with immigrant parents, Father from Italy and Mother from Germany
- Attending an international boarding school, how did that experience shape his views on the world
- How does Sal keep track of everywhere he has been and how long he was there
- What is your reason to travel and see the world
- They share their love of the UAE as Sal has lived in Abu Dhabi for 10 years and Mikkel lived there for 8
- What is travel and what does it mean to you
- Where does Mikkel want his next travel destination to be and why
- The experiences Sal and Mikkel have had in different locations across the globe
- Their love of food, art, and a good cafe!
- What Sal’s sweet spot is for a time in a destination?
- Mikkel and Sal chat about the countries they loved, like North Korea and China and how they both believe the media gets it so wrong when they talk about countries like these.
- And just a ton more!
RELATED PODCAST EPISODES
125: Overcoming Fear Through Travel – Mike Corey
091: The Wandering Investor Shares Insights From Around The World – Ladislas Maurice
068: Gunnar Garfors – Travel Adventurer Visits Every Country In The World Twice!
HOW TO REACH OUT TO SAL LAVALLO
Tik Tok – @sallavallo
Sal Lavallo – Stores From Every Country
Such a great conversation with Sal. It was so fascinating to hear stories about countries that I have yet to travel to, like Djibouti, Saudi Arabia and Ethiopia and to get to know Sal, what drives another person to want to visit every country in the world.
Leave a Comment