Today’s guest on the Expat Money Show is Rob Cosman, a fellow Canadian living and working in Costa Rica since 2017 and loving it. He has been selling online in various ways since 1998 when he made his very first website and launched a company selling online craft products. Today he sells on Amazon and other online marketplaces and helps Amazon and eCommerce sellers design the lifestyle they want with his company Selling From The Beach.
HERE’S WHAT WE DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW:
- Great story of perseverance and family, and when the time is right to just go for it.
- What happens when you find that the life you are leading is just not that much fun anymore. Working every day, 9-5, for what?
- Living in the Caymans and Costa Rica and what that looks like for a Canadian.
- So why Costa Rica? Of all the places on the globe, what would make a family of 4 pack everything up in Toronto and move south?
- You’re about to make one of the most important decisions in your life, so everyone better be on the same page, but what if that’s not the case? How do you handle that?
- What does life look like when you have small children and decide to leave the only home they’ve ever known to move to a country that speaks a different language and you’ll know no one? How do children handle that sort of adjustment? And is the education system well suited for your kids?
- Growing a business overseas, the pitfalls, the advantages, what they learned through renting and then buying a home in Costa Rica and getting their permanent residency card.
- 5 years have now come and gone. Was moving to Costa Rica a good decision? Would they do it all over again?
PODCAST EPISODES YOU WILL ENJOY
HOW TO REACH ROB COSMAN
Fantastic conversation with Rob. He is truly living his dream life. Wife, children, on the beach and helping others create what he has created. If you are thinking of a change in career or are already a seller on Amazon, you’ll love this episode. Check out Rob’s courses, he is awesome.