Mihkel Sepp is the creator of Time Book, an all in one Productivity Planner that I personally use and have had massive success with. In this Episode of The Expat Money Show, we tackle the difficult topic of how to be productive!
You can find Mihkel Sepp at:
How to be Productive?
Productivity is such an interesting topic in today’s day and age, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, an average American works 8.8 hours a day. But a study of 1,989 full-time office workers revealed that most people aren’t working for most of the time they are on the clock.
The most popular unproductive activities sited were:
- Reading news websites–1 hour, 5 minutes
- Checking social media–44 minutes
- Discussing non-work-related things with co-workers–40 minutes
- Searching for new jobs–26 minutes
- Taking smoke breaks–23 minutes
- Making calls to partners or friends–18 minutes
- Making hot drinks–17 minutes
- Texting or instant messaging–14 minutes
- Eating snacks–8 minutes
- Making food in office–7 minutes
Other research shows that most people are not productive for more than 2.8 hours a day… looking at your own life where do you fit in? In this episode, we try to break down exactly how to be productive and talk extensively about some of the heroes in this space.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- What does productivity mean?
- Mindvalley Tribe
- Why your phone is more valuable than your car
- Tech in Finland – Nordic Business Forum
- Meeting Will Smith, Sir Richard Branson, Nick Vujicic
Books We Discuss:
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Harari
- The Surrender Experiment: My Journey into Life’s Perfection by Michael A. Singer
- Think and Grow Rich: 1937 Original Masterpiece by Napoleon Hill
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
- Screw It, Let’s Do It: Lessons In Life by Sir Richard Branson
- Rich Dad Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not! by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- The Way of the Iceman: How the Wim Hof Method Creates Radiant, Longterm Health by Wim Hof & Koen De Jong
- Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World by Tim Ferriss
I really enjoyed recording this episode with Mihkel Sepp because the question of how to be productive has come up so many times in my own life… it really is easy to become distracted with that “Shiny object syndrome” that entrepreneurs are so well known for and fall down the rabbit hole of the internet.
This episode of The Expat Money Show is so packed with actionable steps you can take in your life to increase your own productivity.