Today, on the Expat Money Show, I’m going to be discussing expat life in Aruba. I took a week in early January to visit the country to really understand the immigration process, what taxes were like for individuals and businesses, and what the cost of living and lifestyle could offer an expat interested in living there.
In Today’s Episode, We Talk About
- Great tips on the real estate market in Aruba. What the cost of buying a 3 bedroom 2.5 bath villa in a private community looks like and what it could cost you to live in Aruba.
- The not-so-simple steps to understanding land tax issues if you chose to live in Aruba. I break it down so that you at least will have an idea of what you’re getting yourself into when making Aruba your permanent home.
- What you can expect to pay in income tax if you become a permanent tax resident, and how you can avoid the ‘other’ taxes!
- Ins and outs of a Timeshare. Is it a good idea or should you steer clear of them? Is Aruba different when it comes to timeshares? Listen in to my experience sitting down for 2 hours with a salesman that at the end we wanted to vomit blood!
- Why it’s vitally important to understand what the free trade zone is all about and how it can help your business grow exponentially.
- Best strategies for living and working in Aruba. If this is your country of choice, you will not want to miss this episode!
- Finally, listen in as I talk about the Covid restrictions to enter Aruba and how much fun we had renting a vehicle and really getting to know the island of Aruba!
PODCAST EPISODES YOU WILL ENJOY ON EXPAT LIVING
You can watch our YouTube video
I absolutely loved Aruba (as a tourist) and if you are into Island Living, then this might be a great place to look as an expat. As I mentioned, Covid didn’t seem to be a big deal there and if you are a big water lover and enjoy international cuisine, you’ll love listening to this episode!