012: Can One Great Presentation Make you Rich? – Dustin Mathews
Right out of school Dustin Mathews helped take a company from one million to 14 million and #35 on Inc. Magazine‘s fastest-growing private companies. Dustin Mathews is the Author of No BS. Guide to Powerful Presentations and the founder of Speaking Empire a disruptive company in the leadership management space. He co-authored the No BS Guide with Dan Kennedy, one of my personal mentors. We ask the question: Can one great presentation make you rich? Who better to learn about great presentations than someone who has helped so many entrepreneurs along the way create the best presentations to create wealth beyond their limits. Topics we will discuss today will include a Guide to a powerful presentation and Crafting your own 5-step formula for success.
Next, Dustin Mathews led 10 product launches that generated $10M+ in sales. Along with multiple best-selling books in the areas of marketing, sales, and life, Dustin codified a process for creating and selling products and services, Irresistible Offer Architecture®, and is currently innovating in the area of Brand Response™.
His newest venture, Speaking Empire, is recognized as a disruptive company in the leadership training and education space. He is the mentor and coach of the world’s leading speakers, coaches, business owners and thought leaders, such as Shark Tank star Kevin Harrington, New York Times bestselling author Robert Allen, infomercial star Dean Graziosi and X Game host and actress Forbes Riley. His company was privileged to be involved with the Get Motivated Success tool, which included past presidents and world leaders such as Bill Clinton, Laura Bush, Ronald Reagan, Mikhail Gorbachev and sports stars like Michael Phelps, Joe Montana and business personalities like Steve Forbes, Steve Wozniak and Kendra Todd.
In this Episode with Dustin Mathews we Discuss:
- Why a great presentation, webinars or speeches is so important
- How you can use these to explode your business
- a 5-step formula for crafting your own great presentation
- How even if you hate public speaking you can become successful with the right tips
Books Dustin and I discuss:
- No B.S. Guide to Powerful Presentations: The Ultimate No Holds Barred Plan to Sell Anything with Webinars, Online Media, Speeches, and Seminars – by Dan S. Kennedy and Dustin Mathews
- Rich Dad Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not! – by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life Paperback – by Alice Schroeder
Crafting your own 5-Step Formula for a Powerful Presentation:
- Intro – Preframing your message, having your customer or prospect in the right frame of mind to hear your presentation
- Story – Crafting your powerful presentation with the highs and lows of your life, your story should help people to transform
- Offer – Flush out all aspect of your prospect’s problem before presenting a solution, use statistics, testimonials and case studies to highlight your solution
- Body – 3-5 key points or steps for your prospect to get results or benefits. Use Sequential Agreements to get “Yeses”
- Close – Let people know early how you will close, don’t make them guess, show respect for their time and intelligence
Make sure to listen to the Complete Episode to have all 5-Steps explained in details by Dustin Mathews himself.
This was a fantastic interview with Dustin Mathews on creating wealth with a great presentation. Here are 2 more that I know you’ll just devour:
1. EP 040: Mike Michalowicz – A Man on a Mission: Eradicate Entrepreneurial Poverty!
2. EP 007: Mihkel Sepp – How to be Productive? Learn the Secrets from the creator of the worlds best productivity planner
Articles You Will Love
How to Become a Top Seller on Amazon
Are Investing in Commodities Worth Your Money
I hope you enjoyed this episode of The Expat Money Show. I certainly enjoyed interviewing Dustin Mathews and his ideas on how you can become a great presenter and grow your company and yourself.
Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really loved browsing your weblog posts. After all I will be subscribing for your RSS feed and I hope you write again soon!