245: Fleeing UK Lockdowns to Become a Sovereign Individual – Johnny HODL
Today’s guest is Johnny HODL, a freedom advocate, podcast host, and digital nomad originally from the United Kingdom.
In 2021 he decided to permanently leave the UK after becoming disenfranchised by that government’s authoritarian covid policies. He now lives on the sunny Mexican Pacific coast, where he continues to work remotely in the Bitcoin industry.
TODAY’S CONVERSATION WITH JOHNNY HODL
- Listen to Johnny describe the evolution of his political views and how adopting Bitcoin in 2016 led him to a more freedom-oriented philosophy.
- Johnny explains what was the exodus point that prompted him to permanently leave his home country of the United Kingdom.
- Hear Johnny and I discuss the hubris displayed by many in the West supporting lockdowns while many of those in the developing world didn’t have the convenience of “just staying home.”
- We examine why the “soft admission” of guilt over the COVID narrative isn’t enough of a recanting from those supporting it.
- Johnny and I talk about the lack of ethics in the COVID policies implemented and why even if all the data were correct, it would still be a major ethical violation to enforce lockdowns, vaccine mandates, etc.
- Listen to Johnny describe how, once you take the “red pill” regarding the nature of government, it’s hard not to see government at every level as a monopoly on violence.
- I drive home the notion that after 23 years of travelling the world and visiting over 100 countries, voting with your feet, i.e. being an expat and utilizing offshore markets, is absolutely hands down the best solution I have ever found.
- We discuss how governments around the globe are starting to close their doors in various ways – including the looming threat of CBDCs.
- Johnny provides his view of what “sovereignty” is and how others can reclaim more of their sovereignty as he has by seeking out more freedom abroad.
- Johnny and I both reflect on how, once taking personal responsibility for every single aspect of your life and respect natural law, life simply gets better.
- We have an interesting back-and-forth on the correlation between wealth and happiness. Does the ethics by which the wealth is acquired affect the happiness of those who hold it? I’d love to hear my listener’s thoughts on this!
237: What’s It Like Relocating to Mexico When the World Doesn’t Make Sense – Jonathan Lockwood
186: Fighting Back Against The Technocrats – Hrvoje Moric
102: Bitcoin For International Privacy, Protection And Control – Eryka Gemma
HOW TO FIND JOHNNY HODL’s WORK:
I really enjoyed this conversation with Johnny HODL today, and I’m sure long-time listeners will understand exactly why I see him as a kindred spirit of sorts.
While my focus is on the actions you can take to achieve more freedom as an expat, the ethics behind those actions are vitally important, and it was great to hear about Johnny’s evolution on the subject and how he has now come to see individual sovereignty as an ethical ideal. You’re gonna love this one.
Leave a Comment