Today’s guest on the Expat Money Show is Marc Faber, Editor and Publisher of the ‘’Gloom, Boom & Doom Report.’’
Born in Zurich, Switzerland, he studied Economics at the University of Zurich and, at the age of 24, obtained a Ph.D. in Economics magna cum laude.
In 1990, he set up his business, publishing a widely read monthly investment newsletter, “THE GLOOM, BOOM & DOOM” report highlighting unusual investment opportunities.
He is also the author of several books, including “TOMORROW’S GOLD – Asia’s Age of Discovery”
TODAY’S CONVERSATION WITH MARC FABER
- Listen in to today’s conversation I have with Marc Faber about the possibility of war between China and Taiwan. What are his predictions, and what are they willing to do regarding money and war?
- Do the Taiwanese people want conflict? Or is it that the US likes to provoke conflict?
- Where do you hold your assets? Marc shares his basic allocation and the percentage for each.
- Is holding cash a good idea? And if so, what currency is worth holding?
- Why is it vitally important to hold your gold in the country you live in and not in another country?
- Online brokerage accounts. Are they a good idea? How safe are they?
- An important question to ask yourself: How will I lose the least in an environment where things are bad? Marc explains all.
- A serious risk that the governments will impose some sort of wealth taxation. In an emergency decree, a government can do anything; look at what Trudeau did during the trucker strike.
- We discuss Qatar and the UAE and their monarchies, as opposed to the corruption with Canada’s Trudeau and the fact that democracies have the very worst people at the top.
- I asked Marc, what countries would you diversify in?
- If you are holding US cash, what other fiat should we look at? And what does he believe the top 3 currencies are?
HOW TO REACH MARC FABER
What an interesting conversation with one of the most brilliant minds of today. If you want to learn from the best, here is a glimpse into who Marc Faber is and why you should be listening to him.